Pre-judgement interests in damage valuation, by Maurice NUSSENBAUM, published in Contrats, Concurrence – Consommation, n° 10 – October 2018 (Les…
Assist a company in valuing its copyrights. This is a case involving property law because a copyright entitles its author to earn revenues from the invention. Transactions in which we generally intervene are primarily related to an author’s property right, whereby this right may be amenable to financial valuation.
- Sale or purchase of a copyright
- Allocate the difference of first consolidation
- Litigation case involving an author and an editor
- Define the financial conditions characterizing the exploitation of the invention (estimation of a royalty rate, etc.)
Valuing of a copyright involves assessing the following factors:
- The contractual conditions
- The market potential in which the copyright will be exploited
As for brands, patents, know-how, etc. Our valuation approach takes into account the economic and marketing properties of the market in which the copyright is being exploited.
- Upon request, write a report estimating the potential damage demanded by the victim directly resulting from copyright infringement
- Prepare response to opposing counsel arguments (representing defendants or plaintiffs)
- Assist the client during administrative or judicial proceedings